Monday, January 23, 2017

Post 40: Printing the Big Black Mugshots

    I want to print the big images on Chinese Mulberry Paper for the final painting, but they are only 1352 x1155 pixels. These nudes were shot and the slides scanned a very long time ago, and even printing at a low 150 dpi, I could only blow them up to about 9"x10":


    I am going to have to find the originals and re scan them at a much higher definition. Which means that, since my Nikon Scanner doesn't work anymore, I have to find a new one. My Epson 3170 Photo, has the capacity to scan slides, but the definition would not be sufficient, and I never found it practical to use for that purpose. 
   I tore down my storage area to locate my original slides of nudes shot many years ago, and have a treasure trove of interesting images to use. So I did some research, and settled for what is generally considered the best mid range dedicated slide scanner, the Pacific Image PrimeFilm XE 35mm Film and Slide Scanner, which "on paper" has a 7200 dpi resolution, a color depth of 48 bits, a dynamic range of 3.9, dust and scratch removal, digital noise reduction, and multiple exposure capability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment