Sunday, January 8, 2017

Post 32: Printing with the new Epson R800

     It actually took a long time to get the images printed, the reason being than when I did the mock ups, I didn't care about the size of the images, and most were very small. So I basically had to make new images large enough to print at 300 DPI in the size required for a 4ft x6ft painting.
     In Particular, the Crucifix was very small, and rather ordinary, so I built one up with images of wood, various parts and pieces, and an image of a magnificent 17th century Ivory Museum Piece of the body alone:


    Same thing with the target, which started as a line drawing, to which I added texture, cross, bullet holes, and a red fish pin. I also warped to create a realistic pincushion shaped trompe l'oeil shadow:


  The light bulb eventually had to be redone, having printed too small:


  So I searched for images of lighted bulbs, old sockets, and twisted wire, layered , warped and ended up with an interesting image:


     I also needed a bigger image for the old fashion twisted cord. I could not find one I liked, so I ended up starting with this:


and after copy pasting and straightening sections, ended up with a nearly straight(on purpose) turquoise cord,
 which I can now turn any color I want, in this instance dingy beige.

No comments:

Post a Comment