Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Post 35: Starting a new piece!

    I figured out early on that it would be convenient and practical to be able to work on two pieces at the same time. That's why I built this huge 4ft x 14ft+ tabletop, to accommodate two 4ft x6ft paintings, and leave a couple of feet in between for encaustics, pastels and tools.
    I found a convenient out of the way place for my big Epson R800 printer on a chest just a few feet from the computer. I also put two 22" monitors back up on brackets on each side of my 50" Sony, and a third mobile one is used to have a picture of the mockup right in front of me on the panel when I paint.



     I also primed a basic 4ft x6ft braced plywood panel to get started on the next piece, which will be based on my early mockup for "Mug Shots":


    Two  preliminary studies helped me figure out how to do it, or so I hope:




No comments:

Post a Comment