Thursday, December 29, 2016

Post 29: A New Super Duper Big Ass Printer

    I spent two days cleaning and wasting ink trying to revive my not so old it seems 13"  Epson Stylus1800:


   But nothing could unclog the dried up nozzles, and I finally gave up. The damn thing had always been a hassle, and prone to clogging, though it made beautiful prints.
   After doing my research, and looking at the 13" Epson P400 and P600, I decides to replace it with a 17" Epson Sure Color P800
    The reviews are really good, and I felt I might need the larger format for some of my new Photo Encaustics. In any case, because of the large ink cartridges, intends up a lot cheaper in the long run. Also I got a better deal at Amazon, and have a $300 rebate coming from Epson, so it's ending up costing about $800, with a set of "not quite full" 60ml ink cartridges... Come on Epson, that's really cheap, you could put in full 85ml cartridges. 
    It's really a big and heavy machine, that doesn't fit in my computer cabinet, so it will live on a low shelf under my studio table.
    I had a hard time setting it up, and finally called Epson to help. I couldn't get the WiFi to work, so I ordered a long USB cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment