Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Post 18: Another Panel turns out Pretty good

   After scraping the clear medium buildup over the images down and getting the whole surface of the panel as smooth and even as I could, I polished  wax with paper towels. Then I rubbed the Alizarin Crimson oil stick all over the surface, and worked it into every scratch and pit in the surface, before wiping most of it off with paper towels. 
   Finally, I applied the three good luck Chinese signs Wax Seals, and my own large Signature Seal, using traditional Red Seal Wax:

  
   I know most people won't care about the subject matter, that magnificent 19th Century British Wax Ecorché by Joseph Towne, but I do. Besides, I like the feel and look of the piece, the colors, the visual Texture, the repetition of the Seals.
    I believe I am beginning to come up with a distinctive look.

No comments:

Post a Comment