Sunday, January 28, 2018

Post 42: Starting to assemble things and working on backgrounds

   I started to lay the cutout images on the panels to make sure they would work and were sized properly. I am quite pleased with the way the first panel looks, and even without a finished background, I can tell the second one will look good too:


   The "Spit Textured"yellowish background and red lines are done on the third panel, and I am ready to do the background Celestial Chart drawings using White Carbon Paper and Graphite transfer Paper:


    I was mentioning the "Spit Texturing Technique " to a friend the other day, and got the wonderful suggestion that it was a way to place my DNA forever into the paintings. I love that idea. There is something to be done with that "Spit DNA" Concept. It would be easy enough to include the DNA of the buyer too, like a mark of ownership, sort of a Secret EX LIBRIS...

    Just for fun, I give you a peak at the mess on my huge 49"W x 14 ft L Studio Work Table, with my 55" Computor Monitor in the back. There is not a square foot of empty space. I still have to photograph all the new objects and file them in my Image Bank. 
   I clamped the other pieces, finished and in progress to the edge of the table so I can look at them as I am working on smaller pieces :


No comments:

Post a Comment