Sunday, January 14, 2018

Post 40: On your marks, GO!

   I will be working on all three panels at the same time so the textures and tones match. It also should go faster.
   I created the light yellowish texture but rubbing in pigments, spitting, rubbing on multi colored light pastel sticks, spitting again, sprinkling watercolors with toothbrushes, sitting again and dabbing, rubbing darker shades of pastels some more lightly, sprinkling a weak Gum Arabic Solution, and finally spraying a finer mist of gum Arabic to fix the colors.



   Instead of using chalk to transfer the white patterns on the black areas and charcoal to transfer black patterns on light areas, I bought some white transfer paper and some graphite black transfer paper. The results are quite nice, and I am wondering whether to leave the lines as they are, or to redraw them with white and black pencils as my original intention was. I will do all three panels and decide later.

No comments:

Post a Comment